Friday, May 29, 2009

On the way via Bus from London to Edinburgh

Hmm thought this was quite funny remind me not to bye food from there.
Anyway this was taken at an intersection on the way out of London.

Bridge and River 1

Mellow Yellow Fields

Bridge and River 2, Newcastle

Bridge and River 3, somewhere close to Edinburgh.


During this long bus ride of 9 hours...... yes!
But never again.
I wrote this poem called O to the Hills.

O to the hills
To the hills unseen
So flat this land until

So flat this land until
I arrived in Scottish land
Tis many hills now be seen

I read this to a couple of Scottish folks I meet and mentioned it sounded
like the poetry of Robert Burns.

For dinner this evening I sat down to a taster of "haggis" although I know whats in this it tasted very fine and spicy. It reminded me of shepherds pie. I had an early night as I knew for sure that the next day was going to be adventurous. Where I was staying was at the High Street Backpackers. This was a 12 century building in Blackfriars Street of the Royal Mile in old Edinburgh. Good backpackers and comes highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment