Friday, May 29, 2009

Onboard the Maid of the Forth

The Forth Bridge


Inchcolm Island

Oops

Oh no go a way. Dam I walk into another nesting site.
Got shite on in a big way. Apparently that's good luck.

Window Edinburgh Castle

Guard Edinburgh Castle

Well another eventful day when on a cruise from South Queensferry out into the Firth of Forth.
Not only taking in the magnificent sight of the Forth Bridge but stopping of at Inchcolm Island and exploring the ruins of an Abbey 12c I think. It was very eventful especially when you try to explore beyond the Abbey. It was nesting season and the local seagulls were rather aggressive.
After that I headed back to Edinburgh and explored the Castle for the first time. On the way back I fancied me a pint and ended having many with this guy call Kenny.
This is where I learnt about Slainte Mhath (pronounced slawn'-cha-va) is a Gaelic phrase meaning "good health to you"

Another thing I learnt was the at 10 pm each evening the bells would ring. This is an indicator during the medieval times for the people to throw there poos and wees out the window onto the street. Crazy but thats what happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment